Prada Re-Edition 1995
Church’s is opening its first single-brand store in Germany, located in the KaDeWe department store in Berlin, a focal point in the German capital for fashion and luxurygoods.
The store contains Church’s men’s collection and its new St James range of leather accessories, recently unveiled in London. A Union Jack flag designed carpet references the strong British roots and identity of the brand, its collections and its products.
The furnishing recalls the aesthetics of Church’s stores across the world, with the footwear and leather goods displayed on slatted mahogany shelves, red leather chairs, walls clad in stitched leather and a central counter made of glass and slatted wood. This brings out the exquisite appearance of the collection on display by emphasising their various features and exceptional quality.
Church’s was established in 1873 in Northampton, a town that has been renowned since medieval times for its thriving shoe industry and where the Company still has its headquarters. The quality and the creativity of Church’s shoes is such that in a short time they conquered the English and European markets, making Church’s the Brand of reference for hand-sewn men’s shoes. The opening of the first flagship store dates back to 1921 in London and it is followed by the opening of showrooms and retail points in Europe, USA, Canada, South America and South Africa. In 1999, Church’s was taken over by PRADA Group, one of the world’s leaders in the luxury industry, which now holds 100% of Church’s capital. Starting from 2008, a new development strategy foresees a strong retail expansion at an international level with new openings such as Venice, Bologna, Leeds, Edinburgh, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo.